Consulate General of India
FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME FOR HINDI SCHOLARS
The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) is offering Junior and Senior Research Fellowships to five Hindi scholars from abroad for doingresearch in Hindi language and literature in Indian universities every year.
The selected Fellow is affiliated, on the basis of mutual consent, to an academic institution in India. Senior fellowships are given to eminent scholars with proven academic credentials and an established body of published works while junior fellowships are meant for young research scholars wishing to do post-doctoral research on relevant topics.
The terms and conditions of these fellowships are as follows:-
1. A Senior Fellow will be paid a lumpsum stipend of Rs. 150, 000/- per month for the duration of his Fellowship, towards living expenses, accommodation, medical facilities, local transport, travel within India etc. No other payment will be made by the Council.
2. In case of a Junior Fellow, the lumpsum stipend will be Rs. 50,000/- per month. No other payment will be made by the Council.
3. One economy class excursion return airfare would be provided by the Council to the Fellow
4. The tenure of the Fellowship would be for a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 12 months, starting from the day the Fellow joins the institution to which he has been affiliated.
5. A maximum of 5 days time will be prefixed and also suffixed to the Fellow’s tenure period in India to cover travel/preparation time. Pro-rata payment of stipend will be made for these 10 days.
6. For any fellowship exceeding three months, the Fellow has the option to spread the approved duration of the fellowship over two years with the following provisos:-
7. that the total stay of the Fellow in India under this scheme should not exceed the approved duration of the fellowship;
8. that the minimum stay at any given time should be for three months;
9. that travel/preparation time would be allowed only once during the duration of the fellowship;
10. that only one economy class excursion return airfare would be provided by the Council during the entire duration of the Fellowship; and
11. that the final schedule for implementing the Fellowship should be intimated to ICCR, in consultation with the affiliate institution,within 60 days of first arrival in India.
12. A report containing feedback and an assessment of the experience as an ICCR Fellow should be submitted to the Council at the end of the Fellow’s tenure.
13. All output that is based on the work done by the Fellow during his/her tenure would be used in the public domain only after giving due credit/acknowledgement to the Council where relevant. The Council would also be entitled to use the relevant output in the Council’s own publications or activities, after giving due credit/acknowledgement to the Fellow.
14. Since the Fellows would be associated with an institution, they would be required to interact extensively with the faculty/staff and other colleagues, subject to mutual agreement on the modalities thereof, which may include being requested to give lectures, take part in panel discussions, hold workshops etc.
15. Visa for the Fellow will be provided Gratis by the Consulate.
Eligible Hindi scholars for the Fellowship may please fill up the form and submit to the Consulate by 14 May 2018 positively.
For More Information Fellowship-form1-2012