Consulate General of India
Registration on the Global Pravasi Rishta Portal
On 30 December 2020, Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India launched the Global Pravasi Rishta Portal, a platform connecting Pravasis which include NRI, PIO & OCI card holders, with Government of India.
2. The objective of the portal is to establish regular interactions between Indian diaspora and Indian Embassies/Consulates abroad and Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India as well.
3. The portal has also been devised to maintain an updated database of Indian diaspora. This portal is created to enable the registration of Indian diaspora members i.e. NRIs, PIOs and the OCIs which is not just going to facilitate the Indian government to connect with the overseas Indian community but also facilitate NRIs, OCIs and PIOs community by connecting them to various new and existing government schemes benefiting them in various areas of interest. The portal will also be used by the Indian government to in share with diaspora the latest developments.
4. In this regard, members of Indian community are requested to register themselves on the Global Pravasi Rishta Portal. The portal can be the link: https://pravasirishta.gov.in/home.
5. Steps to Register:
i. Visit https://pravasirishta.gov.in/home
ii. Those living in Brazil, please select Brazil as the Country/Region. In the “Select Mission section”, please select Consulate General of India, Sao Paulo or Embassy of India, Brasilia as per jurisdiction mentioned below and click “Submit”:
• Those Indian diaspora members living in the states of São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Parana, Santa Catarina and Rio Grande do Sul, please select Consulate General of India in Sao Paulo.
• For other Brazilian States and Federal District of Brasilia, please select Embassy of India in Brasilia.
iii. Click on the “Register” option given on the upper right side of the website to open the “Registration Form.”
iv. Please fill in the details given in the Registration Form to Register yourself in the Portal.
6. In case of any difficulties in registration or any suggestions with respect to the portal, please send email to email@example.com
17 June 2021